ArcGIS for Desktop 10.5 for Windows
- Environmental Systems Research Institute, Inc.
- ? Mb
- Recenzion 0
Released in 2009, ArcGIS for Desktop quickly become a go-to GIS software for managing, analyzing, and displaying geographic information. ArcGIS for Desktop integrates a wide range of tools and capabilities, including data editing, cartography, geoprocessing, 3D analysis, and an array of data formats.
Pros and Cons
One of the most significant pros of the software is its capability to integrate with almost any type of GIS data format, allowing you to bring different sets of data into the software. This can be useful when performing complex analysis or creating stunning maps. On the other hand, ArcGIS's high price can make it a less attractive choice, particularly for organizations on a limited budget.
Downloading ArcGIS for Desktop
If you are interested in trying out ArcGIS for Desktop, you can download a trial version for a limited period of time. It takes approximately 2 minutes to download the software and get started.
How to Utilize ArcGIS for Deskop
For full use of the software suite, users should be familiar with the basic GIS skills and workflow. However, if you are new to GIS, ArcGIS for Desktop contains an introductory tutorial that can help you become acquainted with the interface. Below are some useful tips to get started:
- Familiarize yourself with the application’s interface. Learning the basics of ArcGIS for Desktop’s interface will save you time and effort in the long run.
- Create data collectors to store and digitize information gathered in the field.
- Use the “apply symbols” option to graphically represent spatial information.
- Utilize geoprocessing tools to perform spatial analyses and solve complex problems.
- Take advantage of the 3D analysis capabilities for a better understanding of the geometry of your data.
- Explore the cartography tools to create powerful and realistic maps.
- Use the editing features to modify existing data or create new features from scratch.
Alternatives to ArcGIS for Desktop
ArcGIS has established itself as the go-to GIS platform, but there are other alternatives worth considering. For example, Esri's ArcGIS Pro is a powerful desktop GIS solution with many of the same features as the traditional ArcGIS for Desktop software, making it a great option for those who already use Esri products. Another popular option is QGIS, an open-source product that offers most of the same tools as ArcGIS, while allowing organizations to save money. Ultimately, the GIS software that is right for you depends on your budget and specific needs.